methane / D60 Compliance Optimization
Reducing your cost and risk
What is Methane's impact to you?
- Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan sets out a target to reduce methane emissions from oil and gas operations by 45% by 2025
- The Alberta Energy Regulator is expected to mandate new oil and gas methane standards through a revised AER Directive 060. The directive will come into force in 2019 and mandate measurement and reporting of methane emissions, as well as leak detection and repair requirements.
- The Directive will also mandate new emissions design standards for new Alberta facilities and specify operating practices and retrofit requirements for existing facility equipment that emits methane: pneumatics, compressors, and an overall site-level emissions limit.
- Early capital investment in methane emissions reduction equipment may qualify for emission offset credits which can lower future compliance costs
Our Approach to Lower Compliance Costs
Strategic planning and a focus on data management are critical to make the best equipment and compliance decisions and deliver the lowest cost of compliance.
- Frostbyte is objective regarding operational, technology and vendor options
- Frostbyte has extensive experience helping clients reduce compliance costs
- Frostbyte recognizes that regulated owners and operators have different compliance needs. We provide full spectrum methane compliance services – from developing your equipment inventory, to comprehensive and screening surveys and regulatory submissions
- Frostbyte also offers a comprehensive full-cycle compliance service offering, through our rigorous four-stage compliance approach
- Let us take care of your Methane compliance, so you can focus on your core business
Our Services and Products
Compliance and Risk Assessment
Frostbyte will support you to gather and QA equipment information, determine compliance requirements and provide risk ranking for all equipment.
Recommendations and Optimal Compliance Plan
Frostbyte will analyze all options objectively, present recommendations, collaborate on your specific field operating requirements and constraints, and present a final compliance plan.
Frostbyte will assess all compliance options, considering each of the following:
- Equipment inventory and emissions profile
- Opportunities for early-action emission reduction credits
- Site and equipment-level testing costs
- Retrofitting requirements and options
Scheduling and Execution of Compliance Activities
Frostbyte will schedule survey services as required by the methane regulations and the compliance plan. With our in-house scheduling systems, we work with our clients to ensure activities are always up to date and compliant with methane regulations.
Reporting and Methane Data Submission
As the final step to the regulation, Frostbyte will submit all methane data to Alberta Energy Regulator and Environment and Climate Change Canada
Please fill out the form below, and one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.